Friday, April 6, 2012

BRANDON THIRLBY: DirtonDirt Exclusive

While I try hard to keep new and fresh blog-style info up on this site, from time to time, I'll have an exclusive blog up on DirtonDirt.com.  Right now, I have a feature story on Traverse City, Michigan driver Brandon Thirlby and his 2012 plans.  Make sure you head on over and check it out.  Here's a couple short excerpts from that blog:
...and let’s not forget his wild two-races-in-one-night trip last August, where he rattled off a fourth place finish at Thunderbird (Mich.) Speedway, then loaded up and hauled ass an hour and 15 minutes east to a rain-delayed program at I-96 (Mich.) Speedway.  He rolled into I-96 with barely enough time to unload the car and throw a splash of fuel in it.  Without even changing tires, he tagged the tail of the Late Model A-Main at I-96 drove his way to front, and picked up the win...


"...once you figure in tires, race fuel, pit passes, food, and wear and tear on the car, it’s hard to break even, even if you win.  Heck, the wear and tear on the equipment itself can nickel and dime a guy right out of competition...”


No comments:

Post a Comment