Monday, June 4, 2012

Five Weekend Afterthoughts: 6/4/12



1.  Don O'Neal's win in Saturday night's Ralph Latham Memorial at Florence Speedway was convincing enough to make him a strong contender to repeat as winner of this week's Dream at Eldora.  Of course, there's that whole "history thing" where the Latham winner runs strong the following weekend at Big E.  That helps.

2.  Friday washed out everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING, even remotely close to my place.  Every single track in Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, and West Virginia was rained out.  And Paducah was the lone track in the Bluegrass State to get their show in. That's one track in a five-state radius that got to run.

3.  It must be Dream week because several drivers took Saturday night off in preparation for the $100,000-to-win show, including Matt Miller, Jon Henry, and Andrew Reaume among others.

4.  It upsets me that - in this day and age, and with technology we have available - it's Monday morning and some tracks still do not have any results posted from the weekend.  Inexcusable. 

5.  I was checking out the results from Brewerton (NY) Speedway Saturday night and couldn't help but notice their feature winners came from 10th (Big Block Mods), 9th (IMCA Mods), 12th (Mod Lites), and 8th (4 Cyl).  This makes me even more excited for my first ever visit there on June 29th.

2 comments:

  1. I know it is an asphalt track, but Kil-Kare Speedway near Xenia, Ohio did run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Espcially #4. I agree 100%...just like the dream week page with updates driver entries....:P


    Bonner

    ReplyDelete