Monday, May 20, 2013

5 WEEKEND AFTER-THOUGHTS: 40 cars for a regular show?!

Todd Sherman (65) and Jeff Babcock (7B) battle for the win Friday at Limaland.  (Mike Campbell photo)

1.  Remember last week when I mentioned John Blankenship was one of the most consistent drivers in the country so far this year?  Well, he made me look good over the weekend with his $20,000 payday in the Lucas Oil sanctioned Bad Boy 98 at Batesville. He's still one of my picks to win the Dirt Late Model Dream at Eldora in a few weeks.

2.  I made it to Limaland Friday night for their anniversary race, and a VERY talented field of UMP Modifieds (29 total) saw Todd Sherman grab the win.  I was unaware that Limaland had the "if debris falls off your car and brings out a caution, you go to the tail" rule.  I can't say I'm a fan of it, as too many variable can happen to cause debris to fall off one's car.  I'll discuss that in a Puttin' On A Show editorial later this week.

3.  In case you haven't noticed, Waynesfield Motorsports Park has been quite the hotbed for Non-Wing Sprints.  The 1/4-mile oval drew nearly 40 cars Saturday night for a regular show! Hat tip to them!!

4.  Congrats are in order for Dusty Moore, who finally got a monkey off his back and grabbed the Late Model win at Attica Raceway Park Friday night.  I know that team's been working as hard as anyone to get things figured out and it all came together for them Friday evening.

5.  Doug Drown continued his hot start to 2013 with wins at Wayne County and Hilltop over the weekend.  The Hilltop victory was good for $2000, as Drown just continues to rattle off wins in the Sean Weekley owned #63.



No comments:

Post a Comment