Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Who Had The Best Speedweeks?

Rick Schwallie photo
So, which driver had the best Speedweeks?  Several come to mind, but my vote goes to Steve Francis.  In 12 races (between East Bay and Volusia), he made 11 A-Mains. Out of those 11 features, he scored eight top five finishes, three of which were wins. While a debate could be made for Dennis Erb or Billy Moyer, I think Francis proved more than anyone else.  But I'm always up for a good discussion, so I'm interested in hearing what others think.

3 comments:

  1. I agree 100%. Not only was he strong during Speedweeks, but he won the Australian Championship with one of his old Dodge motors that is still racing over there! That things must have 50,000 laps on it, lol. He has had a stellar 2012 so far. I also think he has more drive this year than the last few years to try to prove some wrong. I really hope he can give the Bloomer cars some fierce competition and destroy their domination! This is great & Thanks DJ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought Randy Korte ran well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was really impressed with how Mike Marlar ran at Bubba Speedway. He had a terrible time at Volusia, but he was a ton of fun to watch at Bubba ripping around that high line. Wish he would have been able to get past Eckert. That race was the highlight of my Speedweeks. Francis was probably the best overall. Lanigan was damn good too.

    ReplyDelete